Call for Membership
Carnation Contemporary is currently accepting applications for new members!
OPEN CALL for artists looking for gallery representation and solo/group exhibition opportunities in Portland, OR.
Deadline: Sunday, January 1st, 2020 by 11:59pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Applications will be reviewed for gallery representation and exhibition opportunities for our upcoming 2020-2022 cycle. If selected, the artist will get one month in our exhibition cycle to use for a solo exhibition or curatorial project. Additionally, member benefits include opportunities to exhibit work in small group exhibitions at Carnation, participate in gallery exhibition exchanges with other artist cooperative galleries, be featured on Carnation’s website, and have professional documentation of your exhibition.
Before applying, please thoroughly read through our membership benefits and responsibilities, which you can access by clicking here.
If you are not able to confidently commit to the membership responsibilities, this opportunity may not be for you.
- Deadline: 01/01/2020
- Application Fee: Free
- Eligibility: Age 18+; Residing in the Pacific Northwest
Artists of all mediums and genres are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email a single PDF to email@example.com that includes the following:
- Your Name
- Answers to the following questions:
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
- What are your goals as an artist? (50 words or less)
- Why do you want to be a member of Carnation Contemporary and what do you hope to experience, learn or gain from being a member of an artist run gallery? (100 words or less)
- What skills or talents can you contribute as a member of Carnation Contemporary? (web building, social media, grant writing, event planning, etc. 25 words or less)
- 10 Work Samples completed in the last 3 years
- Label each work with artist name, title, year, media, and size
- For video or audio work, please include a still or image with a link for us to review online. If the work is longer than 5 minutes please provide a clipped version or a time stamp where we should begin watching/listening.
- Suggested information: exhibition history, awards, press, education
- Label PDF LastNameFirstName_NewMember.pdf
- Email Subject must read “New Member”
Applications will only be accepted via email. No physical application materials will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in Carnation Contemporary! We look forward to your application.